ALL SOULS, LANGHAM PLACE

Great
Clarion 4
Posaune 8
Contra Posaune 16
Sharp Mixture IV-V
Mixture IV
Super Octave 2
Octave Quint 22/3
Stopped Flute 4
Octave 4
Stopped Diapason 8
Open Diapason II 8
Open Diapason I 8
Bourdon 16 (Pedal)
Contra Geigen 16
(24 from Pedal Open Diap.)
Solo to Great
Swell to Great
Positive to Great
Swell (enclosed)
Clarion 4
Trumpet 8
Double Trumpet 16
Tremulant
Oboe 8
Dulzian 16
Mixture III
Nineteenth 11/3
Fifteenth 2
Spitz Flute 4
Principal 4
Vox Angelica 8 (TC)
Salicional 8
Rohr Flute 8
Open Diapason 8
Octave
Sub Octave
Enclosed Solo to Swell
Solo (enclosed)
Fanfare Trumpet 8 (unenclosed)
Tuba 8 (unenclosed)
Tremulant
Corno di Bassetto 8
Regal 8
Sifflote 1
Tierce 13/5
Open Flute 2
Nazard 22/3
Flute Couverte 4
Viole Celeste 8 (TC)
Violoncello 8
Harmonic Flute 8
Wald Flute 8
Quintaten 16
Octave
Unison Off
Sub Octave
Pedal
Schalmei 4
Clarion 4 (Great 16)
Octave Posaune 8 (Great 16)
Dulzian 16 (Swell)
Posaune 16 (Great)
Trombone 16 (c)
Contra Trombone 32 (c)
Mixture IV
Nachthorn 2
Octave Flute 4 (b)
Fifteenth 4 (a)
Flute 8 (b)
Principal 8 (a)
Quint 102/3 (b)
Bourdon 16 (b)
Violone 16
Open Diapason 16 (a)
Open Wood 16
Sub Bass 32 (b)
Solo to Pedal
Swell to Pedal
Great to Pedal
Positive to Pedal
Positive (unenclosed)
Fanfare Trumpet 8 (Solo)
Clarion 4 (Great)
Posaune 8 (Great)
Contra Posaune 16 (Great)
Tremulant
Grand Cornet V (TG)
Scharf III
Sesquialtera II
Quintflote 11/3
Blockflote 2
Octav 2
Koppelflote 4
Prinzipal 4
Gedeckt 8
Enclosed Solo to Positive
Swell to Positive
The church was designed by John Nash and built in 1824; its circular vestibule and "quaint colonnaded spike" form a familiar landmark at the north end of Regent Street.

The first organ was built by Bishop in 1824, in a mahogany case designed by Nash. It was enlarged some forty years later by Bishop & Starr. A new organ was built by Alfred Hunter in 1913, when the case was extended. In 1951, the organ was rebuilt and enlarged to 55 stops by Henry Willis III.

Harrison & Harrison rebuilt the instrument in 1976, as part of a major reconstruction of the church. The specification was drawn up by Colin Goulden, in consultation with NoŽl Tredinnick and the organ builders. The work included a new mobile four-manual console in the chancel, while the three-manual Willis console, suitably modified, was installed on the organ gallery at the back of the church (it controls all stops except the Pedal organ's Violone, Quint, Dulzian, and Clarion). Several tonal changes have taken place since then, and the organ was cleaned and over-hauled in 1998.